Friday, May 1, 2009

Long time... no blog

     I guess I am a total blog slacker so far for 2009!  We have been super busy... but that is still not a great excuse.

     So, where do I start?  Let's just go chronologically.

February:  
     My sweet niece, Linley Ann, was born on February 4th.  I could go on and on for pages about her deep blue eyes, intense eyebrows, soft baby-bird hair and her delicate fingers.  She is precious and we are so excited to have her in our family.
     Our month went down hill after that.  The day after Linley was born I started getting the flu.  By Friday, Jason had it too.  And by 3am on Saturday, both boys had it.  We were a horrible den of sick at the Tovar house.  At some point Doug got it also.  Sheesh!  But the worst was yet to come.  By Sunday morning we knew that Miles was getting dehydrated and worse by the hour.  So I took him to the ER while Jason stayed with poor Grey.  Grandpa Doug met us at the ER.  And after they finally got an IV in, it was decided to admit Miles to the Pediatric Unit.  He spent the next three day getting IV fluids and trying hard to get over the flu.  We were released on Wednesday, but he and Grey weren't totally well for weeks.  Poor lil' boys!  The only good thing about this is that Linley, Jana and Ryan never caught it.  Thank goodness!
     Also in February Jason had some bad news at work.  Because of slowing production, his company eliminated 2nd shift.  Luckily Jason is an excellent worker and skilled Maintenance Tech and they kept him on staff and moved him to 1st shift.  This made an interesting situation at our house because I also worked 1st shift.  So, after much discussion, it was decided I had to quit my job at the staffing company to be home with the boys so Jason could retain his job.
Whew!  Quite a month, huh?!?

March:
     March is a great month because it is Grey's birthday month!  I spent most of the 1st part of the month preparing for his birthday party.  Grey is a fanatic for trucks... so we planned a tour of a local fire station.  We met at the fire station at 1:30pm on his birthday.  The fire fighters were INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful and kind.  They let Grey and the other kids sit in the truck, see all the tools, see the hoses, turn on the lights, etc.  Honestly, I don't know who was more excited, Grey or Jason.  lol!  Jason and I have been watching old seasons of the tv show "Rescue Me" and so he was fascinated with the firehouse tour.
     After the tour we all went back to our house for snacks and cake.  I was pretty excited to make these yummy finger sandwiches and sausage balls.  (You know me, I love to cook!)  And Grey was excited to play with his friends and cousins.  He got some of the sweetest and neatest presents, including TONS of clothes.  (Which that boy definitely need!)  It was a fantastic day and I think Grey really enjoyed it.  It talked about the fire station and birthday cake for days and days afterward.
     My last day at the staffing agency was the 6th of March.  By that time I had formulated a new plan and chosen an entirely new career path.  I had contemplated going to Nursing school for years, and this was my opportunity to take a step into the healthcare field.  So I enrolled in a CNA class!  Woohoo!

April:
     My CNA class started on the 1st of the April.  I go every Monday through Thursday night from 5pm to 9pm.
     But more importantly... Miles' birthday was in April.  My little boy was turning one.  Where did the time go?  He is such a happy and fun little boy...just like his big brother.  And he is so quick to learn new word because he listens to Grey talk all day long.  He knows 25-50 words already.  I am shocked!
     For Miles' birthday we planned a backyard party.  Unfortunately it was a little too windy for that so most of the party was inside.  We had snacks and a fun caterpillar cake.  (OK, I was a little impressed with my cake.  After all, I can't bake to save my life!  lol!)  Miles loved opening presents and even liked looking at all the cards.  Grey got a little Cozy Coupe car for his birthday... and from that point on there was a constant battle over who got to drive the car.  So Aunt Cathy was super sweet and got Miles his own car for his birthday!  How fun!  Now it is total bumper cars 24/7 in our basement.


Well, I think that is enough for now.  I have updated the pics and hope everyone enjoys them.  I promise to do better at updating more often.

No comments: