Friday, May 1, 2009

New career... new job

Also, one last quick update.  I am almost finished with my CNA class.  *insert glass of champagne here.  Although it was just six weeks long, so maybe that just deserves a cold beer.  lol!*

But, I was offered a job at Wesley Medical Center yesterday.  Woohoo!  I will either work in the Oncology Unit or in the Telemetry Unit.  The nurse who interviewed me sent an email letting me know I would get a job offer from the HR department any day now.  I will start on May 18th.

I am so happy to have a new career, a new job and a great opportunity to grow and learn.  It's my goal to continue with school.  Next stop: Nursing School.

Thanks to everyone for their good thoughts and encouraging stories about career changes.  Those stories inspired me to make this decision.  I am so darn excited!

2 comments:

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! :-)

Ann said...

Hi Kari,
I can't find an email address to respond to your limed wood question, which I just saw today on my Rose et Lis blog. I have actually moved over to another blog, PlumSiena (http://plumsiena.blogspot.com/).

As far as the limed wood finish, I would imagine you can definitely go for it with your decor. It is a timeless finish. Please visit here (http://plumsiena.blogspot.com/2011/06/bleached-wood.html) where you will see that it does not have to only be used in an aged setting.

Please email me if I can be of any further help to you.

-Annie